When you are craving cinnamon rolls, sometimes you just can’t wait hours for the dough to rise. With this yeast-free recipe, you can enjoy the cinnamon and sugar gooiness in as little as 30 minutes!
|2 cups||all purpose flour||250 g|
|4 teaspoons||baking powder||20 g|
|2 tablespoons||white granulated sugar||25 g|
|1/2 teaspoon||salt||3 g|
|1/4 teaspoon||ground nutmeg||0.5 g|
|1/2 cup||butter, softened||120 g|
|3/4 cup||milk||180 mL|
|1 teaspoon||vanilla extract||5 mL|
|1/3 cup||butter, melted||80 mL|
|3/4 cup||brown sugar, firmly packed||135 g|
|1/2 cup||raisins (optional)||75 g|
|1 tablespoon||cinnamon||8 g|
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, salt and ground nutmeg.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender, or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk and vanilla extract then mix with hands or a fork until dough is formed.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to an approximate thickness of 1/4” (0.6 cm).
- Spread melted butter evenly over the dough using a spoon or small pastry brush then sprinkle brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins evenly over butter.
- Take the bottom edge and roll the dough away from you into a tight cylinder. Cut into 12 equal slices and arrange into a 13” x 9” (33 cm x 23 cm) baking dish with edges touching.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Best served warm.