Pumpkin spice evokes the images of fall. Beautiful colors, crisp mornings and the crunch of leaves under your feet. However, the warm hug these cupcakes give you are welcome all year.
|1 1/4 cups||all-purpose flour||156 g|
|1/2 cup||granulated sugar||100 g|
|1 teaspoon||ground cinnamon||2 g|
|1 teaspoon||ground ginger||2 g|
|1/4 teaspoon||ground allspice||0.5 g|
|1/4 teaspoon||ground cloves||0.5 g|
|1 1/2 teaspoons||baking powder||7.5 g|
|1/2 teaspoon||salt||3 g|
|1/4 teaspoon||baking soda||1.25 g|
|1/4 cup||brown sugar, packed||55 g|
|1 cup||pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie mix)||225 g|
|1/4 cup||vegetable oil||60 mL|
|1/4 cup||milk||60 mL|
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 12 large muffin cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the brown sugar and egg together until combined. Whisk in the pumpkin purée, oil, and milk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in 2 parts. Stir until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Divide batter equally into 12 prepared muffin cups. Bake until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed or toothpick inserted comes out clean; about 20-22 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.