|1 3/4 cups||all-purpose flour||245 g|
|1/2 cup||unsweetened cocoa powder (dutch-process preferred)||59 g|
|1/2 teaspoon||baking soda||2.5 g|
|1/2 teaspoon||salt||2.5 g|
|3/4 cup||softened butter||170 g|
|1 cup||light brown sugar, packed||215 g|
|1/2 cup||white sugar||100 g|
|1 teaspoon||pure vanilla extract||5 mL|
|1 teaspoon||peppermint extract||5 mL|
|1 1/2 cups||semi-sweet chocolate chips||255 g|
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly grease your cookie sheet, or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla extract and peppermint extract and continue to beat until light and creamy.
- Combine dry ingredients to wet and mix only until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough and drop onto sheet. Do NOT flatten cookies.
- Bake for 11 - 13 minutes or just until set and tops are just starting to crack; do not over bake. Leave cookies on baking sheet to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.